I am a UX and UI leader that currently works in the Fintech industry. I primarily focus on building and leading my teams, managing work, gathering requirements, wireframe generation and UI/UX best practices implementation. I have extensive experience building identity, marketing, user flow and design strategy initiatives. I am constantly expanding my UX, facilitation, and research expertise to tackle user experience needs across the full B2B and B2C software product development spectrum. I specialize in delivering user-centered design solutions for web and desktop applications.
UX Design Engineering Manager
Improve transaction management experiences for the savvy small business owner and the enterprise organization through design system contribution and governance.Visa, Austin, TX 2019 – Present
- Team management: create and manage UX delivery schedules, manage design and accessibility resources, agile delivery team, team resourcing and allocation, UX workshop facilitator, workflow strategy session facilitator
- IA and UX: heuristic analysis, user flow development, prototype creation, user experience design and concept review, product workflow development, software tool concepts development, design system management
Mentor and coach junior designers by providing guidance, developing standards and managing work allocation within SCRUM Agile projects and teams. Lead the UX Design Engineering team through creating processes, procedures, tools, training, and techniques. Review UI platform and design system enhancements that support product architecture, requirements, test specifications, and roadmaps through various research methods. Provide oversight on technical design assessments. Push for continuous improvement of the Visa/Cybersource development procedures with research finding opportunities to improve and implementing solutions. Serve as primary point of contact for team and ensure designs and UI platform are theme-enabled, responsive and ADA compliant. Actively manage engagements to meet project goals, budgets and timelines by collaborating with cross-functional teams. Solve design challenges for enterprise-level, mission critical, database-driven software for medium and large application development projects utilizing research best practices. Deliver user-centric value by designing software that meets the user’s needs. Interact and communicate with business and technical teams to facilitate understanding and move seamlessly from theory to implementation activities.
Lead User Experience Designer – North America
Led team to deliver a simplified, intuitive user experience to a complex hardware configuration that educates the end user. Initiate organizational changes that result in better up- and downstream agility.Cirrus Logic, Austin, TX 2017 – 2019
- Workstream management: create and manage UX delivery schedules, manage contractor artifact delivery, agile delivery team, North American division UX strategy lead, UX workshop facilitator, program increment planning presenter and facilitator
- IA and UX: heuristic evaluations, user flow development, prototype creation, user experience design and concept review, product workflow development, software tool concepts development
- User definition: profile type development, persona development, user research facilitation, user interviews, user survey creation, product alignment definition
Build alignment and bridge product understanding for Tools in support of internal and external users through meetings with various work streams and employing research best practices. Host, facilitate, parse, and analyze internal and external user data to develop baseline profile types for personas. Lead global user research across Cirrus to improve: written communications around product support, learning and knowledge sharing; end-user feedback surveys and questionnaires that provide insight and deeper understanding of the voice of the customer (VOC). Provide oversight for the engagement plan to solicit internal and external customer feedback that funnels into various work streams.
As interaction design lead, provide recommendations for visual and feature-rich improvements to Support Tools that increase user education and ability to configure and tune products. Direct elements of UX associated with the physical interactions between the user and the mechanics of the product or service being provided. In the case of software, this refers to defining the adoption strategy when considering the selection and interactions of user interface components within the layouts of screens and associated panels. Guide UX team direction for ancillary products and internal work stream communications.
User Experience Design Manager
Led user-focused decision making for enterprise technology solutions in organizations around the world for both internal and external user interactions.Avanade Inc., Austin, TX 2013 – 2017
- Team management: design career mentorship, create and manage UX delivery schedules, manage offshore artifact delivery, agile delivery team lead
- IA and UX: card sorting, heuristic evaluations, user flow development, prototype creation, user experience design and concept review, impression testing facilitator
- User definition: persona development, user research facilitation, user interviewer, user survey creation
- Workshop and presentation: data visualization presentation, UX working sessions facilitation, CMS planning workshop facilitator, UX workshop facilitator, digital strategy session facilitator
Meet with clients to facilitate workshops and working sessions to gather information about web and desktop client applications for redesign or new design. Create research engagement strategy to support project requirements and sound design direction. Evaluate and analyze information to develop baseline personas and key user journey touch points. Provide direction for visual and functional improvements to increase user adoption and application ease of use.
Direction is introduced in different methods such as: heuristic or competitive analysis, annotated wireframes and comps, user flows, personas and attribute discovery, prototyping, and user or stakeholder interview data visualization presentations. Manage creation of deliverables from teams located offshore and near-shore. Present user interview findings and user experience best practices to client stakeholders and committees.
Lead Visual Designer
Guide technology projects that communicate through content and visuals for small and large organizations.Perficient, Inc., Austin, TX 2011 – 2012
- Team management: create and manage visual delivery schedules, agile delivery team lead
- IA and UX: card sorting, heuristic evaluations, user flow development, prototype creation, UX design and concept review, impression testing facilitator, test case development
- Workshop and presentation: data visualization presentation, UX working sessions facilitation
- Visual design: production graphics for web/print, branding and identity, style guide, icon system creation, mood boards
Product placement brainstorming in meetings with product managers, client, and client consultants to help shape what product can and should do. Survey how well it fits into target market and how we can position the brand for future growth through user feedback and research methodologies. Represent the UX/UI team to give visual usability feedback and concept shaping. Research different approaches to achieve a benchmark success within the product scope. Contribute to the design team effort to create realistic personas as we make key UX/UI decisions for subsequent releases of product. Write persona information, draw workflow diagrams, write test cases, and compile best practices with screenshots from current adjacent products. Create mock-ups and HiFis to contribute to PM presentations on new aspects of the product with mock-ups of conceptual ideas. Join in a combined effort with visual design and UX team to accurately match/update all retro HiFis from previous releases of product. Create technical illustrations for thick and web applications. Develop icon systems for application wayfinding and visual definitions.
As a Lead, leverage my extensive design experience to aid clients in the areas of visual design, UX design, and technical consulting. Work close with development team to handle theming, styles and UX on SharePoint web applications. Work productively in an Agile Development environment. Contribute in release and iteration planning of proof-of-concept applications moving to release one status. Industries include: Computer Software and Hardware, Energy, Oil and Gas Servicing, High-end Real Estate, Global Non-profit, International Law, and Commercial Space and Satellites.
Freelance UX/Visual Designer
Design and creative are parts of what I do and love. Both extend through work and into my life. I communicate through multiple medias and mediums to share in alignment with others.D&Dre Design, Austin, TX since 2005
- IA and UX: card sorting, heuristic evaluations, user flow development, prototype creation, UX design and concept review, impression testing facilitator
- Marketing support: persona development, marketing campaigns
- Front-end development: HTML/CSS development, implementation of responsive design concepts (Foundation and Bootstrap)
- Visual design: production graphics for web and print, brand development/implementation, style guide, identity, and icon system creation, mood boards and style tiles
Lead UI Designer
Manage visual technology experiences for medical providers through collaboration and design execution.e-MDs, Austin, TX 2010 – 2011
- Visual design: production graphics for web and print, low/high fidelity mockups, style guide creation, vector icons development, brand implementation
- Team management: agile delivery team
Lead Graphic Designer
Maintain visual design assets across multiple web properties that provide various online experiences.Star Nine Ventures, Austin, TX 2008 – 2010
- Visual design and UX: low/high fidelity mockups, heuristic evaluations, user flow development, prototype creation, UX design and concept review, production graphics for web, print and animation, production graphics for web and print, brand development/implementation, style guide, identity, and icon system creation, mood boards and style tiles
- Marketing support: persona development, marketing campaigns, lead generation and testing
- Team management: waterfall delivery team
Creative Team Lead
Create and support design assets for print and digital opportunities. Lead creative capabilities of print production, motion graphic, and brand designers amidst company growth.Reactivity Studio, Austin, TX 2007 – 2008
- Visual design and UX: low/high fidelity mockups, heuristic evaluations, user flow development, prototype creation, UX design and concept review, production graphics for web, print, motion and animation, production graphics for web and print, brand development/implementation, style guide, identity, and icon system creation, mood boards and style tiles
- Marketing support: RFP design guidance, marketing campaigns, lead generation and testing
- Team management: waterfall delivery team
BAAS, Organizational Leadership; emphasis in Communication Design
It is not how you have designed your life, but how you iterate on it that leads to success.Texas State University, San Marcos, TX
User Experience Certification
Professional training in user experience with specialty designation in UX Management, continues my passion for improving my craft and means of communication.Nielsen Norman Group 2020